Technical Analyst - Remote East
- Flexible / Remote
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
This is an entry level role with opportunity for rapid professional growth and the chance to contribute to the success of a software startup with accelerated growth inside a public company. You will collaborate with Sales teams to position the client for a successful engagement. Come work as a vital member of a client facing, cross-functional team to deliver on the value proposition of our Software Solutions.
Your Day to Day
- Work as a member of the Solutions Delivery Team
- Represent Axon’s technical expertise to an agency throughout all stages of software implementation.
- Document an agency’s technical requirements and make the right technical decisions to accomplish the agency’s intended outcomes.
- Document an agency’s system-level requirements (e.g. network and hardware specifications, end-to-end data flows, as well as overall system capacity, performance, recoverability, etc.).
- Assess impact and feasibility of proposed technical solution — including integration into agency environment and lifecycle management — evaluating alternatives and delivering solutions that accomplish agency outcomes.
- Properly configure and document technical environment and integrations; verify configurations of system and integrations are compliant with the proposed solution architecture.
- Author technical components of SOW, RFI, and RFP documentation. Create a template library so we can rapidly deliver documentation (“don’t re-create, iterate”).
- Bachelors in a technical or a quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience engineering in a backend language (including Python, SQL, Node.JS, Java, C/C++/C#) with hands-on networking, and database management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical and systems-level solutions for enterprise software.
- Demonstrated outcome-driven thinking. Can make hard tradeoff assessments.
- Professional engineering certifications from a CSP
- Demonstrated leadership experience through on-campus and/or community involvement
- Self-starter who thrives with problem-solving and embraces ambiguity
- Enthusiasm and commitment to AXON's Mission, Core Values, and Program Mission
- Willingness to join forces and drive company-wide initiatives across multiple departments
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top