Technical Account Manager (TAM)
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Technical Account Manager will own the day-to-day relationship with one of Axon’s largest customers to a build long-term, strategic partnership. As the main point of contact for your customer, you will be looked upon to provide best practices and technical expertise to help your stakeholders achieve their operational goals through the use of Axon’s products.
You will also work closely with multiple cross-functional teams by providing invaluable insight into your customer’s needs and challenges, helping influence and guide internal product roadmaps and projects.
As someone that wears multiple hats, from project management to product expert to consultant, you will continually be focused on making your customer more efficient and more confident within their daily workflows.
Your Day to Day
- Achieve mastery of all Axon technologies / products
- Use exceptional written and oral communication skills to effectively lead business and technical presentations, demonstrations and conversations with VP-level audiences within your account
- Use strong leadership skills to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Manage customer expectations, keeping customers satisfied and expectations realistic
- Provide tier-2 technical support
- Remain organized and focused on removing sales obstacles through creativity and adaptation to rapidly changing circumstances
- Develop relationships with key partners for growth within their customer base
- Where possible, improve or develop technical documentation to ease understanding and usage of our products and services
- Communicate customer feedback across multiple teams and divisions within Axon to drive product development and improvement
- Maintain customer confidence, especially in high-pressure situations
- Maintain/develop relationships with other vendors within the agency to coordinate product installations/upgrades and assist with problem resolution when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience working with Major City or Enterprise-level customers
- Strong and proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships and technical projects
- Understanding of SAAS, Cloud providers/solutions, Virtualization, Storage
- Knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and Internet technologies
- Ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstance – i.e. for clients with varying levels of IT knowledge and skillset
- Unmatched analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively communicate with various people including customers, colleagues, and across departments
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and excel in high-stress situations
- JIRA, and Microsoft Dynamics knowledge
- Knowledge of CCTV, VMS, and IP cameras
- Experience working closely with a sales and support team
- Experience working and supporting law enforcement
- Experience in networking and telecommunications
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top