Staff Software Engineer, Axon Records
- Seattle, WA
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are building Axon Records, a brand new cloud-based web application that will eliminate tedious paperwork, save time, save lives, and make the job of a police officer more fulfilling. Over time, Axon Records will evolve into a family of law enforcement tools designed to make our communities safer.
Who we are looking for
Our team is growing and we are looking for an experienced software architect that will create a technical vision for our system, plan and coordinate its evolution over months and years, write great code, and guide multiple teams along the way. He or she will champion our design, coding and operational standards, help our developers maintain the balance between future-proofing and over-engineering. Our ideal candidate has broad knowledge of public cloud infrastructure like Azure or AWS, service-oriented systems, data stores and databases, frontend technologies and API protocols, machine learning and AI, security and operations - but also has deep, hands-on experience with at least one of those areas. Our Staff engineers help Axon attract top engineering and leadership talent; they recruit and interview other Staff engineers and Directors.
- 10+ years professional software development experience
- Strong coding skills
- Track record of designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud based software
- Hands-on experience with languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#
- Experience working with graphQL, Thrift, or gRPC
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks like React or Angular
- Experience defining data models, selecting data stores, evaluating tradeoffs between storage options
- Fresh knowledge of open source technologies
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring engineers, as well as leading multiple teams
- Love for delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top