Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You're a Product Marketing Manager who knows how to masterfully price and package a complex SaaS/DaaS product portfolio and supporting ecosystem. You see it clearly - that right model and the market tolerance for it. You bring pricing to life in inspiring new ways, and can articulate it cleanly and get an organization to rally behind it. You're fascinated by experimentation, testing and iteration. You're scrappy and unconventional. And most importantly, you know how to connect with customers.
If that wasn't bold enough, Axon offers even more.
The difference between us and others is our mission. Our body cameras protect the truth in public safety. We're going to use the power of that video and A.I. to eliminate paperwork in policing, so officers can triple the time they spend building relationships and serving their communities. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete by less-lethal TASER smart devices.
Product marketing plays a strategic role within Axon, responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy and driving the execution. The ideal candidate is a strategist who understands hardware and software technologies and can work cross-functionally to drive rapid revenue growth for Axon's products and services.
Your Day to Day
- Pricing Analysis - You will perform business model analysis, develop ROI models, and perform other customer value analysis.
- Pricing Strategy: You will develop our business model strategies for all product offerings, partner with product management on the go-to-market strategy, and set pricing and packaging strategies.
- Pricing Process - You will build pricing processes by standardizing pricing methodology and solidifying pricing approval and committee.
- Packaging - You will assess the impact of pricing and packaging in the market in collaboration with sales and customer success teams to recommend future adjustments.
- Product Expertise - You will become a deep partner with our product managers and understand every nuance of the products you support throughout the product lifecycle.
What You'll Achieve
- 30 days: Meet with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive view of Axon's business and technology. Review and understand the existing business model and pricing and packaging strategy. Learn our key source systems and our key analytical tools.
- 60 days: You will start driving the business model strategy on key product initiatives. Identify quick wins and execute against these.
- 90 days: You will have established yourself as the de facto pricing leader within the Axon organization. Drive cross-functional teams in execution of your pricing and packaging strategy and independently set targets for future customer value analysis.
- Bachelor’s in marketing or related discipline, MBA preferred
- 6+ years of product marketing experience, ideally with experience in SaaS and sales support
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Lifestyle brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to travel 15%, including international
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Discretionary paid time off
- A progressive parental leave policy
- Ride along with real police officers in real-life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Why join us?
Every company has a mission, but few are this compelling. Join the Axon team at TASER International and transform public safety worldwide. Our mission? Protect life.
How do we do it?
Make the bullet obsolete: We're working on technology to make the bullet obsolete. Swords are cool, but they're no longer relevant. In a few years, we expect firearms to be in the same category as the technology behind TASER smart weapons continues to advance.
Eliminate the distraction of paperwork: We just acquired two AI companies dedicated to automating reporting by extracting key info from our body and fleet cameras in real time. What does this mean? Officers who spend up to 65% of their time today doing paperwork can instead spend that time serving their communities - and be nearby when we need them most.
Share the truth faster: Controversial uses of force can result in civil unrest and riots that lead to more violence - especially if the truth is unclear. Our new Signal Sidearm combined with our cameras and digital evidence management allow police agencies to view multiple angles on the same event in sync, then redact personal identities and share them rapidly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.