Sr. Product Design Lead – Evidence Management (PMS06y)
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Product you will be working on
Evidence Management is the hub of the Axon network and law enforcement ecosystem. You will be working on how to make collecting, editing, building cases and collaborating on evidence a great user experience. This includes evidence from many different sources such as police body cameras, cellphone captures by the public, witness statements, photos and videos taken by crime investigators and other information gathered on the scene. You will be thinking about how evidence flows through the system from the public, devices and police officers, to detectives and to the court and back to the public and media. And you will be thinking about global differences in law enforcement, public engagement and ethics.
See our future vision here: https://vimeo.com/221924983
- Lead design for Evidence Management. You'll own the full design process, from initial research and discovery through concepting, detailed design, testing, working with Engineering on implementation, and thinking about future vision and improvements over time.
- Be an ambassador and champion for the design culture at Axon
- Turn complex interactions involving a diverse set of users, a complex physical environment, social interactions, regional differences, and an ecosystem of hardware divides and software applications, into simple experience solutions.
- Collaborate with other design leads to ensure great customer experiences across all of our products
- Pitch products and feature ideas and execution.
- Participate in field research with domestic and overseas law enforcement agencies and help transform that research into practical, scalable solutions
- Collaborate across feature and product teams to get to the right solution for our customers
- Contribute to the defining of the product design vision and process at Axon
- Research design trends, customer behavior, competition and current technologies
- Provide great feedback to other designers and mentorship to junior designers and interns
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or other related field.
- 6+ years of product design experience and minimum of 2-3 years leading major product design initiatives.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have extensive experience with every stage of the design process, including: sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- You enjoy collaborating on early product definition as much as you enjoy working with the larger product and engineering teams on implementation.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- A broad skillset with deep specialization in at least one area (IA, interaction design, visual design, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand.
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools and proficient at quickly learning new ones. We currently use Sketch + Invision, but are always evaluating new tools.
- Able to function both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with designing for multiple form factors including (web, mobile) and modalities (touch, voice, mouse) is considered a big plus.
- A great portfolio available for review.
- Award-winning office and working environment with the newest technology.
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Discretionary PTO.
- Fun team activities and outings.
- Flexible working hours.
- Options for training in the US.
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top