Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
The Senior Network Engineer reports to the IT Infrastructure and Operations leader, and is responsible for definition and delivery of high-quality, reliable, and scalable enterprise-wide network infrastructure & operations to support Axon’s continued rapid growth. You will architect, design, and implement a flexible, secure and adaptable global network. You will be responsible for the acquisition, operation, integration and troubleshooting of both hardware and software systems. Strategic planning and tactical network implementation are important aspects of this role. As part of the engineering team, this role is expected to positively impact the delivery of information technology solutions and services and the achievement of IT’s mission & vision.
This role is responsible for leading and managing a robust portfolio of IT network service offerings while following ITIL standards. This includes driving execution of technology initiatives, evaluating current technology systems, and driving the organization’s infrastructure to the future to deliver business value. Responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing strategies for continual modernization of the network stack in accordance with business needs.
Your Day to Day
- Design, deploy, maintain, and improve wired, wireless, and cloud networks
- Implement fault-tolerance across all critical networked environments
- Enforce network security best practices; both architecturally and operationally
- Act as point of escalation for network related support cases
- Develop monitoring, tooling, and network management strategy
- Develop and maintain configuration standards
- Develop configuration management capabilities and documentation practices
- Integrate client networks with AWS/Azure VPC using transit VPC and IPSec
- Interface with the Information Security team regularly on networking and security projects
- Lead network security incident response efforts in partnership with the Security Operations Center
- Provide mentorship for operations teams
· Bachelor's degree in relevant technical field or 5+ years equivalent experience
· Expertise with LAN/WAN architecture and implementation
· Expertise and practical experience with Palo Alto Networks and/or Cisco network equipment
· Expertise designing routing topologies using BGP/OSPF
· Practical experience deploying and managing AWS VPC with IPSec, peering, or transit VPC
· Advanced knowledge of wireless networking and wireless security best practices
· Advanced knowledge of network security best practices
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with high volume, fault tolerant networks
· Experience with shell scripting and automation tools
· Experience deploying and administering network management and monitoring tools
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.