Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Do you love to build things from the ground up? Are you tired of having a ‘maintenance’ job disguised as a new database project? Would you love to come in at the ground level, to be the DBA and data architect of what truly will be groundbreaking technology? Would you like to be the driving force in the next set of products in a field that you will notably and clearly have a direct and ongoing impact.
If these questions are appealing to you we'd like to talk. We have a new, greenfield project, requiring your expertise. Come help shape society in formidable and good way.
For a long time now you have always had this unexplainable interest in data and databases, you love working developers to make sure their data designs survive production. You are not an ordinary DBA – Your idea is that you should be there from conception to production. And you bring real world experience to what works and more importantly what does not. People find you pontificating for hours about everything from SQL to NoSQL, optimizations, distributed, clustered Graph databases to HA and everything in between and you can explain, improve and implement all of it. You have the knack to clearly communicate, contribute and positively influence all you do.
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of something that is changing the world – We challenge you to apply for this position!
What you need to bring to the table
- High level of critical thinking in everything you do
- Live and breathe all things MySQL
- Graph database experiences
- Data architecture experience in proven large scale production environment
- You have experience with technologies like Vitess
- Demonstrated success in current career
Things that will get you noticed
- Tons of passion around how technology helps people in their daily lives
- A self-starting team player
- Mostly fluent in Linux
- Stay current with new technologies and ways of doing things
- Safeguards data
Compensation and Benefits
- Bonus plan
- Stock options
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.