Software Engineering Manager - Platform
Your responsibilities will include
- You will have the opportunity to lead several engineering teams working on Axon's core technology platform.
- Leading the design and implementation of core cloud technologies for Axon, such as Event-Sourced driven data pipelines, search indexing, and notification systems, and graph databases
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Roadmap planning
- Managing and Growing engineers
- Working across boundaries with talented engineers and researchers in cloud, Machine Learning, AI, and computer vision technologies.
- These systems are the backbone of our evidence management platform - enabling customers, partners, attorneys, and courts to better manage a growing volume of digital evidence.
- Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- 2+ years as a people manager or technical lead.
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring.
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- Preferred Qualifications
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Back-end service experience in Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar. Our platform stack is a combination of Go and Scala
- Understanding of cloud technologies in use today, such as: Apache Kafka, MySQL Clusters, Kubernetes, Spark Framework, etc...
Interesting Engineering Projects
- Develop a new sharded data storage cluster based on vitess.io and Elasticsearch.
- Design a new analytics and stream processing pipeline using Apache Spark and Kafka.
- Build a notification and message routing pipeline to deliver time-sensitive, reliable, and confidential messaging to our law enforcement customers.
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top