Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Our mission to protect life is what drives us. Whether protecting life through each line of code you write or through the devices you've led to launch, you'll be making a difference. We're changing the way law enforcement uses technology. As a Junior Software Engineer at Axon, you'll design and implement new features for Evidence.com and our Axon platform.
Our Seattle-based software team is made up of a plethora of talent. Whether you're a Front-End Engineer, iOS Engineer, Android Engineer, Full-Stack Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Network Engineer, or DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to cross-train in a variety of languages and products. Our team is versatile and determined, no matter the project or activity. Whatever your goals are, you'll have the freedom to work on projects you're passionate about, and the support of people who will challenge you in new ways.
We recognize the hard work and responsibility of all Axon employees, and try to give back by focusing on employee happiness and generous benefits!
- A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university with a major in Computer Science (or a related field)
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Student organization/team leadership experience
- Internship Experience
- Work with product to accurately forecast time/effort needed for specific software development tasks
- Coordinate with design to build feasible optimal solutions based on software capabilities.
- Build new end to end features and cloud services
- Resolve bugs submitted
- Conduct code reviews
- Develops software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts C++, C#, or Java or other programming languages
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
- Bonus plan, Stock options, 401K
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Discretionary paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Full pantry
- One of Seattle Business Magazine’s best companies to work for in 2017 and winner of Geekwire’s 2016 Geekiest Office Space
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
Due to the nature of Axon’s products and technology, certain job-related technical data is subject to U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR). In order for certain foreign nationals to access this technology/data, Axon must apply for and be issued a deemed export license from the U.S. Department of Commerce. Any foreign national is subject to deemed export regulations except a foreign national who (1) is granted U.S. Permanent Resident status, as demonstrated by the issuance of a permanent resident visa (i.e., Green Card); or (2) is granted U.S. citizenship; or (3) is granted status as a protected person (i.e., Asylee or Refugee) under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.