Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Site Reliability Engineer / Embedded Devices
Are you passionate about Technology and do you want to make a difference in people's lives? Do you care about public safety? Axon’s mission is to ProtectLife. That motivates us every single day. Why not join us to bring new technologies to public-safety and leave a positive impact on the world? We cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. If you have the passion and the technical skills, you will fit right in.
We consider this a ‘third level support person’, the kind of person that gets send in when nobody can resolve problems. But along the way you are supported by amazing SRE and Embedded devices teams.
We are looking for an outstanding engineer to join the Site Reliability Engineering team here at Axon. The SRE team is responsible for the reliability, maintainability and supportability of all of Axon's customer facing systems and devices.
You will spend most of your time debugging, enhancing and supporting our body cameras, software and infrastructure. You will drive support, fix customer issues and drive enhancements for the cameras itself through the connectivity and into the backend systems. Other Senior Engineers on the team will lead you and guide your efforts.
This is also an amazing chance to work with police officers, visit police departments, and work with customers across the world to design, implement and launch end-to-end IoT solutions.
If this sounds like you and you really want to be part of something that is changing the world – We challenge you to apply for this position!
Some of the basics what we need you to bring:
- High level of critical thinking in everything you do
- Ability to make every customer touch point a positive one
- Know more things about networking than anybody else in the room
- Live and breathe all things Embedded, Linux, Linux device drivers
- End to end debugging skills, from customer device/network through and into the Axon backend systems and fix and improve things as you find them
- Ability to fluently write code in C/C++or any systems programming language
- Speak developer as well as customers language
- Shown success in current career
- Tons of passion around how technology helps people in their daily lives
Things that would really get you noticed:
- Track record to automate as much as possible
- Very familiar with things like Splunk or ELK
- A self-starting member part of an outstanding team
- Real world full lifecycle customer device support
Some of the technologies we use
- Embedded Linux, Tron RTOS
- Qualcomm and Ambarella Chipsets
- WiFi, Bluetooth and LTE
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Bonus plan, Stock options, 401K
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.