Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon's software engineering teams are based in Seattle and Ho Chi Minh City. Projects often span both locations, so your vital role is to provide skillful and responsive support for these projects by leveraging your expertise in system automation and administration to create and maintain cloud-based development and test environments, from “top to bottom” - everything from container images to process documentation. Timezone and language differences present no barrier to you.
Your Day to Day
- Perform design, code, and process reviews to improve individual systems as well as engineering-wide
- Tackle the difficult problems we face in a long term sustainable manner
- Help make our team better by contributing to design and launch reviews for new services
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency
- Investigate new ways to continually improve all aspects of what we do
- Engage early with teams on new products and services design to ensure that what is delivered survives production
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent self-discipline and time management
- Experience of working across wide geographical timezones, sharing development work with a “follow the sun” model
- Experience with one or more of: Puppet; Terraform; Elastic-search
- A passion to remove manual toil from the system
- Experience of operating either a public or large internal service with demanding customers
- Strong working knowledge of Linux based systems
- Experience of building & operating Cloud hosted services (i.e. built on Azure, AWS etc using tools like Terraform, Cloud formation, Packer, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Spinnaker etc
- Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Datadog
- ELK, Solr, Cassandra, Kafka, ActiveMQ, Redis, MySQL, MS SQL
- High competency in English technical writing and speaking is a must
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with containerized GPU deployment in-cloud
- Experience with Prometheus
- Experience of running a large scale CI pipeline (TeamCity; Jenkins)
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- A devotion to learning new skills
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top