Senior SQL Database Administrator
- Scottsdale, AZ
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As Axon's Database Administrator, you will be responsible for clarifying requirements, identifying source applications, extracting data and ensuring data quality for reporting and business intelligence. You will participate in all phases of design and development of analytic and reporting tools, utilizing various BI technology platforms.
Your Day to Day
- Database Administration
- Responsible for installing and maintaining instances of SQL within the corporate environment. Areas of focus would be on performance tuning servers/databases, enterprise database security, backups, disaster recovery and testing of them, automation of alerts and standard maintenance tasks. It would also include attending meetings to ensure environment requirements for projects.
- Performance Tuning
- Identify areas that require performance tuning within databases and coordinate with business and application partners to recommend and implement changes. Tuning should occur on both the server/database configuration level as well as code level recommendations such as stored procedures, indexes and views.
- Document current database environment including servers, licensing, security, capacity planning, backups, disaster recovery plans and change management. Change management of systems, databases and security should be documented as well. Working with business partners to document application requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years working as a SQL DBA
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SQL Server 2008, 2012 or 2014 in an administrator role
- Minimum 5 years of experience using T-SQL
- Experience with working in VM and Azure based SQL environments
- Experience with automation and testing of SQL backups and restores
- Experience with setting and meeting database SLA’s
- Experience implementing and configuring automated monitoring
- Excellent listening skills, written and oral communication
- Experience testing and deploying third party scripts
- Problem Resolution.
- Task Ownership - Own and complete tasks with minimal guidance
- Ability to ensure that all tasks are completed correctly and in line with established guidelines and business needs.
- Decision Making - Recommend process and/or changes to databases it relates to database environment.
- Minimum 7 years working as a SQL DBA
- Microsoft SQL Certified (MCSA)
- Experience in writing and tuning Stored procedures, views, functions and triggers
- Experience with enterprise deployments including High Availability
- Experience in SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Strong Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Interest/experience in server, storage, network, and SaaS technologies
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus plan, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top