Senior Software Engineer, Sensors Devices
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our team is solving some of the hardest technology challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure. Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Your Day to Day
- Design and implement new features for Axon’s camera systems.
- Work with engineers on a breadth of platforms including mobile & desktop applications as well backend services.
- Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
- Create metrics and monitor them as your features are deployed to customers.
- Resolve ambiguity in product requirements potentially resolve conflicting requirements.
- Mentor junior team members and suggest improvements to engineering processes.
- 5+ years experience of professional software development in C/C++, Go, Rust and/or another systems programming language.
- 5+ years experience writing unit, integration and/or system level tests
- 2+ years mentoring junior team members and/or leading small teams
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, run-time analysis, object-oriented design and code quality verification
- English working proficiency
- Experience with RTOS and/or Embedded Linux development
- Experience with Yocto/Open-Embedded
- Experience with Python or equivalent
- Experience with Jenkins and/or other CI/CD systems
- Experience with Splunk and/or other data indexers
- Experience with audio, video, networking and/or security technologies
- Experience with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and/or Cellular technologies
- Experience working with REST APIs, Thrift and/or Protocol Buffers
- Experience collaborating with design, product and non-technical partners
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top