Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure.
Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Do you love to find flaws in protocols such as JWT? How about finding novel ways into getting software to do things it shouldn't? Can you describe the attacks against Merkle trees? Are you someone who sees the OWASP Top 10 a great bedtime story?
You are a Senior Software Engineer with a background in security, cryptography, and distributed systems. You will be responsible for innovating upon Axon's core security and cryptography technology platform. You will have the opportunity to:
- Build authorization, authentication and crypto-systems for information sharing
- Architect auth for cross-agency information security and auditing
- Secure critical mobile and web applications across various security boundaries
- Deliver cross-partner auth to support new business models
- Construct high performance distributed data verification engines
These technologies are the backbone of our evidence management platform - enabling customers, partners, attorneys, and courts to better manage a growing volume of digital evidence.
Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years programming cryptography, authentication, or authorization systems.
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability to mentor your peers on security concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Back-end service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of standards such as OpenID Connect, OAUTH, SCIM, and JOSE.
- Understanding of cloud technologies in use today, such as: Apache Kafka, MySQL Clusters, Kubernetes, Spark Framework, etc...
Compensation and Benefits
- Company paid life insurance
- Equity (RSUs)
- Quarterly bonus
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- 401K with employer match
- Commuter options
- Full pantry
- One of Seattle Business Magazine’s best companies to work for in 2017 and winner of Geekwire’s 2016 Geekiest Office Space
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.