Senior Software Engineer, Platform Team
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You are a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer with experience building large-scale software applications. You have developed strong mastery and interested in backend technologies and are capable of connecting frontend solutions to them. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
- Develop the core platform capabilities that support Axon's product development and evolution - at scale.
- Help build one of the largest cloud solutions on the planet. What you build will accelerate product innovation and help scale our platform to meet the ever-expanding needs of our growing customer base.
- Solve challenging problems of scale, latency, reliability, and availability. Our team will draw from your experience in these areas and support your continued growth.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Backend service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience developing systems that are reliable, highly available, secure, low latency, and maintainable.
- Ability to pragmatically make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Openness to collaboration within and across the teams.
- Excellent technical leadership skills.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience building platform services for an enterprise software company
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top