Senior Software Engineer, Connected Devices
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are looking for talented full stack software engineers to help us build world-class cloud applications. You will work with product managers and designers to deliver top quality products that are innovative and practical for our end users. You will work with different client teams (body cameras, mobile apps, desktop apps, etc..) to ensure we are building seamlessly integrated products that will give police officers the tools and insight to make our communities safer. Should you join the team, you will be surrounded by like-minded people who are passionate about our mission to protect life.
- Build V1 applications and features for next generation, public safety devices
- Build scalable backend services to ingest petabytes of video footage
- Design modular, frontend components to be used across teams
- 5+ years experience in designing and developing software
- Significant programming experience in one of these: Scala, Java, C#, Go, Ruby or the like
- Experience developing, building, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience
- A vision of excellence for tools, processes, and systems
- You have experience with scalable datastores as part of large deployments in the cloud
- You have demonstrated success in current career
- You are passionate about how technology helps people in their daily lives
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
- You love solving problems and are willing to jump into new projects and leave them better than you found them
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top