Senior Software Developer - Mobile Technical Lead, Connected Devices
- As a Senior application developer you will first scale up within our existing iOS and Android applications and learn our Axon ecosystem, from wirelessly interfacing with our cameras and other hardware to invoking our services for secure retrieval and storage of the most important information in the world. You'll craft your own features and come to appreciate the great team-based work-environment we have, where everyone is enthused by and dedicated to the Axon mission.
- In time, you'll step into the role of the Mobile Technical Lead. You will continue to be responsible for your own features and will also leverage your experience and wisdom to direct the path of the mobile developers at Axon.
- You will assess the mobile applications' space within the ecosystem of devices to services. You will ensure all of the dots are connected between Axon teams and that technical designs are solid and that progress is being made.
- You have a degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering.
- You have 5+ years of experience crafting and shipping high quality mobile iOS/Android applications.
- You are experienced at developing + shipping native mobile applications and supporting them. When it comes to iOS and Android platforms, you at least have deep native experience in one of the platforms and have worked in the other (or you're motivated to dive in and learn).
- You have achieved mastery of an application language such as Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, C++, Golang.
- Your experience shows robust understanding of client application design and architecture. You have consistently crafted designs for significant features and worked through the dependencies, implementation, and evolution.of your work to ship features that customers love. You focus on getting the right work done and positively encourage others to have that same focus.
- You are motivated to lead. You have had consistent positive influence by pro-actively leading decision making and the technical direction for your product team. You easily work with your team members and foster their problem solving and growth.
- Multiple times in the past you have scaled up in new technology and shipped with that technology. You have a curiosity about technology and a mindset to learn new tools and techniques to improve your product and team.
- You consistently provide insightful code reviews and are adept at team tools like Git and Jira.
- You have experience creating and optimizing reliable networked features, such as developing against authenticated web services.
- Deep experience in both native iOS and Android is a strong plus.
- You have experience with mobile applications communicating with other devices, using Bluetooth and/or WiFi.
- You have experience with programmatically generating and processing digital media (photos, videos, audio).
- You have experience with recent mobile application platforms such as React Native or Flutter.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
See Inside the Office of Axon
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. The mission is to protect life. The company’s connected body cameras and evidence management tools allow police officers to work both effectively and transparently, while its TASER Smart Weapons protect life without taking it.
Back to top