Senior Site Reliability Engineer, AI Platform and Infrastructure
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Are you a developer who gets enormous satisfaction from solving scalability and reliability issues? Or perhaps you have been working on feature work for a long time and want to learn more about architecting the systems on which the software runs? We are building a team of people in the Site Reliability organization that will be embedded with the major product teams at Axon to work side-by-side on the design of their systems, providing guidance on best practices in systems engineering.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of learning the service-oriented backend systems, making code changes for performance improvements or architectural changes, debugging reliability issues at the application level or Linux level, building the cloud infrastructure and platform components, and ensuring the security of the platform.
You will work side by side with your SRE colleagues that are embedded in other organizations, and together you will ensure that the entire Axon platform expands in a coherent direction. You will also work intimately with other teams in the SRE organization, which include seasoned Linux professionals who debug complex networking issues, as well as software interactions with the Linux kernel at scale.
In short, you bring a software development background to the table, along with a desire to deepen your skills in systems engineering and administration, and you will provide a broad-based skill set that is invaluable to the teams you work with.
In this role, you will mostly be embedded in our Artificial Intelligence organization, a large team of developers and AI researchers that work in Seattle, New York City, and Ho Chi Minh City. AI researchers depend on large quantities of raw data to train their models. Those trained AI models eventually get rolled into features like automatic redaction that police agencies can use on Evidence.com. There is a significant amount of software and infrastructure needed to support the AI researchers. You will know those systems intimately and ensure that the future road map is implemented in a way that is scalable, reliable, and secure.
- You have developed software in service-oriented systems
- You have written software that runs on Linux systems and have a strong working knowledge of Linux
- You are excited to be the final backstop for issues that no one can solve
- You are inclined to make the case for design fundamentals and hold the line against hacks and shortcuts
- You have worked on 24/7 high volume systems with zero-downtime requirement
- You have built software with CI/CD systems such as Teamcity, Jenkins, or similar
Skills that get you noticed
- You have experience with container-based platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You have worked with configuration management tools (Puppet, Salt, Ansible)
- You have demonstrated the ability to debug complex systems
- You have worked with PaaS offerings for machine learning such as Azure ML
- You are familiar with GPU virtualization and distributed computing frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop
Some examples of platform components at Axon
We use these languages
Compensation and Bennefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Bonus plan, Stock options, 401K
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top