Senior Proposal Manager
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Senior Proposal Manager will demonstrate expertise in the proposal management process, with a specific emphasis on Axon’s international market and expanding our customer base through top-tier responses and a comprehensive collection of resources.
You will lead the international tendering process by gathering market research, sharing training/knowledge resources, defining process and supporting broader Proposal Team initiatives (which includes international bid responses, content creation and management, and increasing team efficiency).
You will also assume primary responsibility for managing workflows and knowledge resources pertaining to Axon’s international tender responses, and will support other members of the team through detailed training initiatives and a strong confidence in the tendering process.
Your Day to Day
- Analyze incoming international bids and build compliant, strategic, and accurate responses that reflect Axon's mission and product capabilities.
- Drive process and content standardization within the Proposal Team to maximize team efficiency and ensure benchmark quality.
- Grow and maintain resources pertinent to Axon’s international tender response workflow, including detailed playbooks for each country, workflow/standard requirements, key corporate entity/corporate entity information, translation services and coordination, and tailored content for each country.
- Standardize the internal international infrastructure to mirror domestic standards (e.g., organization of folders, nomenclature, content management processes, etc.).
- Mentor and train teammates to ensure success in the international tender response process.
- Work closely with international resources, including other members of the Proposal Team, subject matter experts, professional services personnel, leadership, sales reps, and others to establish a strong awareness of proposal resources and a clearly defined process/responsibility breakdown.
- Serve as the second level reviewer for international responses prepared by other team members to ensure alignment with sales strategy and in-country requirements.
- Review the international response process on a quarterly basis and assess feedback obtained from stakeholders to identify areas of potential efficiency, mitigating common roadblocks.
- Manage the content library workflow for international tenders, including engaging subject matter updates across the organization for regular product updates in existing records, adding new information in a standardized way, identifying content needs, and aligning all processes with domestic standards.
- Ensure strict proposal compliance.
- Coordinate proposal printing, submission and delivery, accounting for regional requirements.
- Program manage deliverables and deadlines to multiple stakeholders by planning, setting milestones, and coordinating all aspects of the proposal response in advance of the due date.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 6+ years of relevant experience in proposal management, technical writing and responding to public sector RFPs
- Experience responding to international tenders
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Mastery of desktop publishing and document formatting tools including MS Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, and others to produce visually appealing and concise documents and diagrams
- Rigorous attention to detail and excellent technical writing skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Strong comprehension, organization, and prioritization skills required
- Solid time management and multitasking skills, with the ability to manage various competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Master's degree in Writing, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proficiency using Qvidian or other proposal management programs
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce
- Experience with graphic design software
- Experience working and influencing multiple stakeholders within a cross-functional, geo-dispersed team
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top