Senior Product Manager - Axon Records
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical abilities to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Our product's goal is to do three things - put officers back on the streets, solve and prosecute crimes, and prevent crime from occurring in the future. We're going to do that by rethinking the way police officers document every interaction they have with their community. A typical records management system is the life-blood, the operating system, of Public Safety yet these systems are clunky, out-of-date, and require duplication of effort by users. The end result is police officers spending two-thirds of their time behind a computer, rather than in the community. At Axon, we believe Public Safety's toughest problems can be solved with the latest technologies— from integrations with body worn video cameras and other sensors to automation and sentiment analysis through cutting edge-AI. If a company can simplify the most complex tax code in the world, we believe we can simplify and streamline the way agencies capture and report out their interactions with the public.
You will own the product vision and experience around how Law Enforcement records clerks ensure complete and clean data are entered into their records system, summarization and dissemination of that data across the agency and to the FBI, and how best to promote transparency of data sharing to the community.
We are going up against not only entrenched competitors, whose products are ready for disruption, but also, new and driven entrants—competition which should motivate you to out-perform and over-deliver. We need a product lead who can execute creatively on how to address public safety's most important needs, craft product vision and strategy, and be able to communicate that out to the broader organization.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering customer insights through phone interviews and on-sites across the country
- Assisting in the strategy of a part of Axon that feels like a well funded early stage start up.
- Leading a team of designers and engineers in the development of Axon Records
- Helping attract top talent and grow the team
- Identifying, proposing, and advocating product vision and strategy
Key Attributes and Qualifications:
- 5+ years work experience as a software product manager. Preference towards enterprise SaaS
- Proven success in creating and bringing products to market
- You have a track record of implementing and using analytics to drive product decisions
- Ability to generate product vision and strategy based on interaction with customer and insights into the market
- You are able to learn quickly and get passionate about the underserved and unique needs of public safety
- Travel domestically and internationally necessary (25%)
- You resonate with Axon's Values and believe technology can be applied to tackle public safety's biggest challenges
- You not only can accept critical feedback, you thrive off of it and can effectively communicate it to your peers as well
- You have experience in agile development processes and making difficult trade-offs in order to rapidly ship high quality products
Compensation and Benefits:
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top