Senior Product Manager
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
The Platform Team is responsible for building mission-critical and foundational services that power our products and impact millions of people worldwide. We are looking for passionate, technical leaders that are excited about solving tough problems, bringing vision, and crafting product experiences for police officers around the world in these areas:
Permissions and Authorization — Build a customer-centric and privacy-focused permission model that protects sensitive digital information, scales between 10 user and 100,000 user organizations, and is flexible enough to support our customers’ use cases while giving confidence that their content is secure and safe.
Kubernetes — Inject your experience to bring more than 100 services to scalable and highly-available Kubernetes clusters. Solve challenging technical issues relating to network, storage problems, blue-green deployments and canary and chaos release processes.
Login and Authentication — Drive advances in login, user management and authentication workflows across a global network of millions of users and devices. Enable police agencies around the world to safely authenticate with each-other and share information, solving crimes and protecting the peace. Our customers expect a fuss-free experience as they login with multiple devices (mobile, desktop, web) and navigate between different products. It needs to be secure, easy to manage and just work.
Your work will impact internal as well as external customers, with both your own dedicated teams as well as cross-functional teams across Axon. You will work collaboratively with sales, finance, engineering and product management to deliver on short and long term features while also balancing the needs of multiple teams and products.
Your Day to Day
- Create a product vision, communicate it to a cross-functional team, and continually adapt it based on direct engagement with customers and users in the field;
- Work with engineering teams to balance scope, time to market, and functionality;
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of problems;
- Gather qualitative and quantitative data from the market and from end users;
- Make data driven decisions when possible but fall back on good intuition when data is not available;
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist;
- Mentor more junior product managers;
- Operate with a ton of autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team;
- Play well with others, both on your own team and on other teams.
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study;
- You have 8+ years of software Product Management experience, ideally shipping complex, enterprise, SaaS products;
- You can travel internationally (primarily to the US) when necessary;
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes.
- You have real world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”/
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top