Senior Data Engineer
- Develop, and maintain Axon’s system integration, data integration, management, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated APIs and ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Highly technical with 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems.
- Demonstrated strength with ETL development, data warehousing, data modeling, and writing complex, high-optimized queries across large data sets.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive, PrestoDB, Zookeeper, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Masters Degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience creating and maintaining containerized web applications and serverless components.
- Experience using or supporting users of statistical programming languages such as Python or R, to deliver results for real-world problems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
See Inside the Office of Axon
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. The mission is to protect life. The company’s connected body cameras and evidence management tools allow police officers to work both effectively and transparently, while its TASER Smart Weapons protect life without taking it.
Back to top