Senior Backend Software Engineer - RMS AI - MIS65z
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Records Management (RMS) is a groundbreaking new product designed to change how police officers collect and share information on a day-to-day basis. By leveraging Axon's family of connected cameras, sensors, and devices we can automate the generation of police report, instantly share information between officers to solve crimes faster, and increase public trust by having police officers spend more time with their communities and less time doing data entry.
Would you love to shape this future and join a team that is building it right now?
Watch a short video that goes more in depth here.
You are a talented software engineer who can solve complex architectural and engineering problems. You have a passion for AI and Machine Learning and excel at applying new technology to existing spaces. You are also detail-oriented, looking at problems from different directions to deliver the best technical solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer you have no problem training and mentoring junior and mid-career engineers into their next career stage.
Your mission: Leverage advanced technology, AI, and computer vision to change the way policing is done.
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- You have a track record of building and deploying complex software
- You can adapt to different programming languages and technologies
- You have made tough technical decisions based on requirements, trade-offs, and user experience.
- You enjoy mentoring and growing Junior Engineers
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy.
- Background in Data Science, AI, or distributed systems is a plus
Core Technologies Used
- Golang with GraphQL powered backend
- Tensorflow and Caffe2 AI frameworks
- High performance messaging using Protobuf
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top