Senior Backend Engineer, Automation License Plate Recognition
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Automation License Plate Recognition (ALPR) Cloud Squad is creating an integrated platform in which customers will manage their fleet of connected devices, as well as provide alerting and insights about criminal activity. Specifically, the current challenges include: Ingestion and synchronization of large datasets, data versioning, device distribution models, and big data analytics/reporting. Our objective is to design and implement a cloud-based robust, responsive and highly scalable backend to cope with above challenges.
Your Day to Day
- Maintain and deploy existing Return Asset Merchandise Assets product written in Scala.
- Implement new features for Automation License Plate Recognition cloud system.
- Work with engineers on a breadth of platforms including in-car, mobile and desktop systems as well backend services.
- Consider scale and security implications of new features that you develop.
- Create metrics and monitor them as your features are deployed to customers.
- You have 5+ years of experience coding and shipping and supporting high quality products.
- You have owned the design and implementation of software backend components.
- You have shipped production features in either languages: Golang, C/C++, Scala, C#, or Java.
- You have utilized performance analysis tools and incoming telemetry to improve services.
- You are self-motivated team member and positively engage to productively work out the best architectural choices for the team's areas.
- Excellence in English skills.
- You have production experience with software development from scratch.
- You have refactored aspects of a significant code base.
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top