Senior Back End Software Engineer, Records Management System
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon Records Management (RMS) is a groundbreaking new product designed to change how police officers collect and share information on a day-to-day basis. By leveraging Axon's family of connected cameras, sensors, and devices we can automate the generation of police report, instantly share information between officers to solve crimes faster, and increase public trust by having police officers spend more time with their communities and less time doing data entry.
Would you love to shape this future and join a team that is building it right now?
Watch a short video that goes more in depth here.
Core Technologies Used:
• Golang with GraphQL powered backend
• Tensorflow and Caffe2 AI frameworks
• High performance messaging using Protobuf
Your Day to Day
- Work closely with our PhD and Product teams to build new technology which changes the world
- You are also detail-oriented, looking at problems from different directions to deliver the best technical solutions
- Your mission: Leverage advanced technology, AI, and computer vision to change the way policing is done
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- You have a track record of building and deploying complex software
- You have made tough technical decisions based on requirements, trade-offs, and user experience
- You enjoy mentoring and growing Junior Engineers
- You can adapt to different programming languages and technologies
- You are comfortable with a lot of autonomy
- You have a passion for AI and Machine Learning and want to learn more
- Background in Data Science, AI, or distributed systems is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top