Security Operations Engineer
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion. Are you passionate about Information Security?
Help us bring cloud computing to law enforcement by joining the information security team at Axon. Be on the leading edge of cloud computing security in a meaningful and creative environment. We need a high-energy security innovator to help expand our security engineering team. There are plenty of challenges to conquer that require a wide-range of security knowledge and experience. We want someone who makes information security apart of their life every single day!
You are an awesome hybrid systems and software engineer who will take responsibility for the management of security infrastructure while improving reliability and automation. You will help select and build advanced tooling to enable our workforce and services to operate in an efficient and secure manner. You will be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of security. You will also conduct proactive research to identify any vulnerable or fragile systems and processes and work with all parties involved to help ensure our foundation is as strong as possible. You can't stand inefficiencies and are obsessive about automating processes to save anyone else from painful, manual processes.
- 5+ years professional experience in system administration - ideally with a DevOps-centric mentality
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, high-stress situations - often with deadlines
- Understanding of current and emerging issues with technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities, threats, and attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Some programming/scripting experience in C, Python, Golang, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Bash or the like
- Experience developing, building, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Experience with multi-datacenter, cloud IaaS (Azure + AWS), and other varieties of hybrid infrastructures
- 2+ years professional experience applying domain knowledge to security-focused projects
- Passionate about security; involved in the security community
- Experience in developing or researching technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems, log management (Splunk, ELK) and vulnerability management (Nexpose, Nessus) solutions, as well as configuration and infrastructure management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Deep knowledge of GNU/Linux systems, light knowledge of Windows systems
- Experience across a variety of Information Security and technology disciplines - from infrastructure to applications.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- An encouraging parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
* WE CAN HIRE THIS ROLE IN EITHER SCOTTSDALE OR SEATTLE*
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top