Sales Engineer (North Carolina)
- Charlotte, NC
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon is seeking a high-energy, experienced pre-sales engineer with expertise in network engineering and cloud solutions. This individual will play an instrumental role in accelerating our sales initiatives in the Midwest region. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment, focusing on law enforcement, and thrives on pitching technology to C-Level leadership as well as users.
Your Day to Day
- Achieve mastery of all Axon and Evidence.com technologies
- Use exceptional written and oral communication skills to effectively lead business and technical presentations, demonstrations and conversations with CXO- and VP-level audiences within major agency accounts, as well as channel partner leadership and technical stakeholders
- Use strong leadership skills to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner
- Set and manage expectations with senior stake-holders and team members
- Provide 1st-level technical support throughout the pre-sales cycle for opportunities
- Remain organized and focused on removing sales obstacles through creativity and adaptation to rapidly changes circumstances
- Develop relationships with key partners for growth within their customer base
- Provide professional responses to customer RFPs / RFIs
- Train and mentor junior engineers, customer service, and sales peers on positioning our solutions to prospective customers and managing Proof of Concepts (POC)
- Effectively position the technology against competitive offerings
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Be responsible for representing the products, company values and brand to customers and at field events such as industry and user conferences, tech summits, etc.
- Where possible, improve or develop technical documentation to ease understanding and customer or channel usage of our products and services
- Take ownership of the POC/Pilot process: Coordinate logistics across all stakeholders, assess customer requirements/objectives and tailor POC tests and findings accordingly, and assist prospects with initial configuration and orientation
- Suggest creative alternatives to address or overcome technical challenges
- Capture requested features and provide feedback to Product Management, Sales, Development, Support, Engineering and Marketing teams
- Other duties as required
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Bachelor’s degree or masters degree or equivalent experience
- Mandatory minimum of 3+ years of network engineering
- Minimum of 3+ years of SE experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of SAAS experience
- Minimum of 1+ Unix or Linux experience
- Minimum of 1+ of software sales
- Must have strong knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, telecommunications, and Internet technologies
- Must have a strong knowledge of virtualization and virtual machines
- Must have a basic knowledge of security, ipsec, infosec, hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies
- Must have basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, and storage devices
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- 2 to 3+ years of experience in networking and telecommunication. Preference will be given to those with complimentary sales roles, in particular to public safety and government.
- Network and Telecommunication-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCIE-ENT, ComTIA Network+, WCNA, etc..
- Virtalization-specific professional certifications, such as but not limited to: VCA-DCV, VCPDCV, VCA-Cloud, VCP-Cloud,
- Other applicable vendor-specific certifications in the networking, storage, cloud, and virtualization.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary PTO
- Autonomy in your role
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top