RMS - Engineering Manager
As a technical leader on the team you will
- Design, build, and operate a complex cloud-based system
- Help the team develop minimum viable process to enable shipping and iterating quickly
- Communicate effectively and partner with other teams
- Be willing to get hands-on when necessary
- Excel at making the people around you excel too
Our product is still super early, but here’s what we’re working with so far:
- Backend – Golang. No previous experience needed, but we’re strongly biased towards easy to understand, clean code.
- Frontend – React (and opportunity to do React Native, and Electron apps in the future)
- Data – Several. Right now, we’re prototyping different ways to handle the intrinsically graph oriented nature of the relationships between entities (people, crimes, vehicles, property, locations, etc).
- Orchestration, Deployments, Operations – TBD, but gravitating towards Kubernetes, Docker, Vitess.io
- 7+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years as a people manager or technical lead.
- Experience working on new products
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrated success in current career
- Passionate about how technology helps people in their daily lives
Compensation and Benefits summary
- Company paid life insurance
- Equity (RSUs)
- Quarterly bonus
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- 401K with employer match
- Commuter options
- Full pantry
- One of Seattle Business Magazine’s best companies to work for in 2017 and winner of Geekwire’s 2016 Geekiest Office Space
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Senior Director, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting all of Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top