- Seattle, WA
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a Revenue Accountant, you will be part of a highly collaborative team which partners with Sales and Operations to ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue numbers are complete and accurate. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills!
Your Day to Day
- Perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis enabling the monthly revenue close process
- Identify and review contracts with customers in accordance with company policy and revenue accounting standards (ASC 606)
- Step through the process of identifying performance obligations in contracts with customers including any material rights and perform revenue allocations of the transaction price in accordance with ASC 606
- Identify and prepare necessary adjustments to arrangements within revenue recognition software
- Prepare and book journal entries to ensure the appropriate revenue and cost treatments
- Update and manage contract asset and contract liability schedules
- Own complicated account reconciliations of deferred revenue, notes receivable and contract assets
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and other departments and assist with pre-sales and post-sales support to identify accounting implications, which may include quote/contract review and profitability analysis
- Perform accounting research and compile and analyze data from sometimes disaggregated sources
- Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- Support all internal and external audit activities, including SOX Compliance
- Bring a fresh viewpoint to help identify ways to improve the processes and efficiency as we move through a phase of rapid growth and technology change
- Be part of a dynamic and dedicated team that contributes to tight public deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience including managing amortization schedules, complicated account reconciliations and relative value allocations
- Advanced and demonstrated Microsoft Excel skills required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Revenue experience preferred
- CPA or CPA candidates preferred
- Experience with automated revenue recognition software a plus
- Fundamental understanding of ASC 606, working knowledge/experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top