In this role
- You will be building automation for ML models from experimentation to production on large quantities of data across distributed environments.
- You will drive core ML engineering via pairing with our Research Scientists to design experiments together and take leadership on implementation of new ideas behind those experiments.
- You will take models that have worked well on smaller datasets and scaling and optimizing our ML pipelines and models to reach their full potential on the petabytes of footage at Axon.
- You will continually read the state of the art of research, and work with research scientists to publish novel work (optional).
- You will see that generalizable parts of your work get open-sourced.
Who you are
- You have a strong background in High Performance Computing, Cloud Infrastructures, and GPU optimization.
- You have a good understanding of the complete workflow from collecting and annotating the appropriate data for the task at hand to training models and evaluating their performance.
- You easily implement research ideas in frameworks like Tensorflow/Keras/Torch/Caffe
- You've had success in dealing with large datasets in a ML context
- (Bonus) You have a strong background in ML, stats, or a related field. MS or MEng in vision, NLP, audio, stats, or ML preferred.
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Discretionary PTO
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Senior Director, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting all of Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top