Product Designer (MIS3x)
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Early in 2017 Axon acquired Misfit Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research Group to start our AI & Machine Learning initiatives. The team in Ho Chi Minh City has already made significant improvements for our solution and with Axon. We are now investing to further grow our investment in Vietnam. Come join us.
What is the opportunity?
Have you ever wondered if you can design to save lives? At Axon our mission is to protect life. We are passionate about bringing state of the art technology to law enforcement, so officers can focus on helping their communities.
You'll own defining the product's user experience vision, its roadmap, and how to approach and develop various capabilities as the product is built, and you'll be integrally involved in the building of the rest of the team.
What about the day-to-day?
You will lead all user experience & design for a product or major feature area within a product, be a leader with a point of view, and a strategic partner to Product Management and Engineering. On any given day you may find yourself working in the field with law enforcement, crafting our product design strategy, leading critique with your team, working on an end-to-end high-fidelity task flow or defining patterns and principles.
- Lead and define product direction in terms of long and short-term user experience of a product or major feature area within a product.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure great customer experiences across all of our products
- Be an ambassador and champion for design culture at Axon
- Pitch products and feature ideas and execution
- Participate in field research with US and international law enforcement agencies and help transform that research into practical, scalable solutions.
- Collaborate across feature and product teams to get to the right solution for our customers.
- Research design trends, customer behavior, competition and current technologies.
- Turn complex interactions into simple experience solutions.
- Create elegant, beautiful and simple designs from wire frames to high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Partner with Product Managers and Software Developers and Hardware Engineers on defining and implementing great user experiences.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or other related field.
- 3+ years of product design experience.
- Experience with every stage of the design process, including: sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups and usability testing.
- Experience with design for multiple form factors (web & mobile)
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools
- Strong eye for design - including interaction and visual design
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand
- A real passion for new technology and how it can be applied to have real impact
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methods to product definition, design, and development.
- Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Inspired to learn from and teach the people you work with
- A great portfolio available for review.
- An awesome office/working environment with the newest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan
- Free lunch
- Phone stipend,
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top