- Lead and define product direction in terms of long and short-term user experience of a product or major feature area within a product.
- Collaborate with other designers to ensure great customer experiences across all of our products
- Be an ambassador and champion for design culture at Axon
- Pitch products and feature ideas and execution
- Participate in field research with US and international law enforcement agencies and help transform that research into practical, scalable solutions.
- Collaborate across feature and product teams to get to the right solution for our customers.
- Research design trends, customer behavior, competition and current technologies.
- Turn complex interactions into simple experience solutions.
- Create elegant, beautiful and simple designs from wire frames to high fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Partner with Product Managers and Software Developers and Hardware Engineers on defining and implementing great user experiences.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI or other related field.
- 3+ years of product design experience.
- Experience with every stage of the design process, including: sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups and usability testing.
- Experience with design for multiple form factors (web & mobile)
- Highly knowledgeable of the latest design tools
- Strong eye for design - including interaction and visual design
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain your ideas and decisions in a way that anyone can understand
- A real passion for new technology and how it can be applied to have real impact
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methods to product definition, design, and development.
- Strong conceptual skills and demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Able to function independently and in a team environment
- Inspired to learn from and teach the people you work with
- A great portfolio available for review.
- An awesome office/working environment with the newest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Senior Director, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting all of Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top