Principal Product Manager, Device Services
- Seattle, WA
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We are building the most capable Connected Devices to enable Public Safety professionals to be more effective in their day to day roles. There are common capabilities that span across all of our devices that can enhance and improve the quality of information, decision making, and communication for our customers. We need you to help us build this next generation of Device Services for Public Safety. As our Device Services leader, you will help shape the future and vision of our products to deliver on our mission.
Our users are not a typical hardware or ‘enterprise SaaS’ user base. These public servants work in a uniquely challenging environment and they expect their devices and software to perform effectively for them in the most difficult circumstances. As such, we are extremely close with our customers so that we can deeply understand their goals, their needs, and everything that keeps them from their mission. You will also be surrounded by a cross functional team that is passionate about solving hard problems.
You will join a team that operates at the intersection of our connected devices and our enterprise software. You will own the product vision and execution of significant portions of these Services. You will be expected to work directly with VP and General Manager of our Sensors Devices team to help create the overall product and business strategy.
Your day to day
- Create the product vision, communicate to the cross-functional team and evolve it based on interactions with customers and as the solution is developed
- Lead the cross-functional development of the next generation device services that span across devices, apps, and enterprise systems. These services will both enable and enhance real-time and post event workflows.
- Integrate Axon’ s new and developing capabilities in artificial and real-time intelligence into these services
- Work with Engineering teams to balance scope, time to market and functionality
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of problems
- Gather quantitative and qualitative data from market and end users
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist
- Lead & mentor more junior product managers
- Operate with a ton of autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Play well with others, both on your own team and on other teams
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study.
- 8+ years relevant Software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%).
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- You have real world experience with each of the expectations listed in section entitled “Your Day to Day”
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top