Principal Mobile Product Manager
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real Time Communications in public safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less than ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save more lives. To that end, the Real Time Communications team is creating a new product category that integrates voice, text, and video communications into a lightning-fast collaboration toolset. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future forward into today.
You will drive the design and creation of our real-time platform experience on mobile. First responders go to where the emergency is, and we need to equip them with the right information and connections wherever that is. You will work with a world-class team of engineers and designers to create a mobile experience that seamlessly integrates chat, voice, mapping, and situational awareness. We are looking for someone to bring their curiosity, customer obsession, and creativity to public safety and equip law enforcement, fire, and medical professionals to make the right decisions in the most efficient way.
- Lead the creation and delivery of Axon’s real time mobile application
- Spend tons of high quality time with customers in the field to deeply understand their needs
- Partner with product design, user research, and engineering to make your vision a reality
- Engage with a collaborative team of other product managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 8+ years of Software Product Management experience with proven results driving revenue, engagement, and customer delight in Enterprise and/or Consumer environments
- Experience creating complex mobile applications
- Success influencing and leading engineering and design teams as well as partnering with cross functional leadership leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth
- Strong leadership presence and ability to question and challenge the status quo at all levels of the organization
- Experience recruiting, coaching and building new product managers, via mentorship or direct management
- Professional fluency in both Vietnamese and English
- Possesses critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess and prioritize competing deadlines and needs
- Ability to strategically execute within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and complex environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, written and verbal communication
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top