Principal Data Architect, Axon Records and Data Platform
- Seattle, WA
- Architect, develop, and maintain Axon’s system integration, data processing and storage, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated APIs and ETL pipelines that support Axon's product development and evolution at scale.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse and data lake metadata, data catalog, and user documentation.
- Develop data objects for business analytics using data modeling techniques.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Highly technical with 7+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems (e.g. Social, AdTech, MarTech, Heathcare, FinTech, etc.).
- You write the code to design, develop, prototype, and maintain products
- Recent hands-on implementation experience required, preferably in Hadoop Ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Oozie, Zookeeper, Avro, HCatalog, Hue, etc.), realtime streaming event logs (e.g. Kafka, SNS/SQS), databasing (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle), SQL on Hadoop (Spark SQL, Hive, etc.), NoSQL (MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB), and scheduling and management (Oozie, Cascading, Zookeeper, etc.)
- You influence your peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- You facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of senior engineers.
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Masters Degree in CS, engineering, or other quantitative field.
- Experience building and managing MAPR systems.
- Experience creating and maintaining containerized web applications and serverless components.
- Familiarity with build and CI tools/processes like Kubernetes, TeamCity, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Experience using statistical programming languages (e.g. Python, R) and to deliver results for real-world problems.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
See Inside the Office of Axon
Axon is a network of devices, apps, and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. The mission is to protect life. The company’s connected body cameras and evidence management tools allow police officers to work both effectively and transparently, while its TASER Smart Weapons protect life without taking it.
Back to top