Principal Applied Research Scientist (AI and Machine Learning)
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Do you want to create a legacy of meaningful research and deploy it in real life situations for the greater good? Do you want to lead and contribute to work that addresses some of today’s most challenging problems in the public safety space?
The ideal candidate will have a proven scientific background and a consistent track record of successfully researching and delivering scalable AI-based products with hands-on execution as well as by mentoring other scientists. We need someone willing to be fearless and more than willing to take on bold challenges. By accelerating adoption of our technologies, you'll help protect life in public safety for both officers and the communities they serve around the world.
- Leverage state-of-the-art research to deliver high quality models enabling multiple AI projects at scale
- Help your teammates deal with ML modeling ambiguities while maintaining the balance between future-proofing and over-engineering
- Advise and collaborate with senior leaders and domain experts company wide
- Contribute back to the research community via academic publications, tech blogs, open-source code and contributing to internal/external AI challenges
- Represent Axon at tech talk events and scientific conferences
Required Skills & Professional Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- 5+ years of modeling experience in one or more the following areas: Natural Language Processing/Understanding (NLP/NLU), Computer Vision (CV) and Acoustic Event Detection
- Hands on experience developing, scaling and implementing machine learning using relevant programming languages (such as Python), state of the art deep learning frameworks and big data tools
- Working knowledge of advanced ML techniques: Multi-task Learning, Transfer Learning, Reinforcement Learning as well as Unsupervised and Semi-supervised Learning
- Track record of publications and contributions to the machine learning community at large
- Experience with designing and shipping software products that leverage machine learning at scale
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into learning algorithms, model architecture, evaluation metrics, and field testing scenarios
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and product managers as well as understanding and translating the science of AI and Machine Learning to a more general audience
- A Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with distributed machine learning and deploying models at scale in cloud environments (such as AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with IoT/Edge AI and optimizing ML models to run on-device with constrained compute, power and latency budgets
Compensation & Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top