Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Have you ever wondered if you can write code to save lives? At Axon our mission is to protect life. We are passionate about bringing state of the art technology to law enforcement so officers can focus on helping their communities instead of fighting with bad software.
As the Client Engineering Manager for Connected Devices you will help us build world-class mobile and client applications as well as world-class teams. We believe in hiring only the best and we need you to make that a reality. Hiring the best employees doesn't just mean hiring the most senior people, it also means hiring people with great potential. As the manager, you will take that potential and make it a reality.
You will oversee desktop and mobile application teams, managing full development lifecycle – analysis, design, development, testing and deployment. You will ensure quality, consistency, and reliability across multiple products and platforms that are used by law enforcement professionals across the world.
Mobile Applications - we have applications that communicate directly with our Body Cameras and other devices. These are focused on creating a simple workflow for officers to use throughout their shifts. We also have applications for creating new evidence - photos, videos, and witness statements, all of which require a focus on security and audit-ability while maintaining ease of use. All of our applications are built natively, per-platform.
Desktop Applications - From laptops in police cars to touch panels for interviews we build a variety of desktop applications that integrate with our hardware products - Axon Fleet in-car cameras, interview cameras, body cameras, electrical weapons and more.
Are you ready to help up make a difference?
We believe in pushing autonomy as deeply as possible into the team. A deep understanding of our customers is critical to achieve this autonomy and move quickly. As a result, every engineer on the team spends personal time with law enforcement officers and agencies. Your first police ride-along will be awesome!
- 6+ years experience in designing and developing software
- 2+ years experience leading teams of Software Engineers
- The ability to manage, recruit and grow a team of high capability individuals to build tools and systems that allow our business to scale
- A vision of excellence for tools, processes, and systems
- Significant programming experience in Objective-C/Swift, C/C++, Java, Golang, C#, Ruby or the like.
- Experience developing, building, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications
- Proven ability to be a role model for engineers on the team, providing timely coaching and mentoring to all
- Passion for ensuring high quality architecture and customer experience
- You have demonstrated success in current career
- You are passionate about how technology helps people in their daily lives
- You love delighting end users
- You hunger for novel challenges
- You have proficiency in language(s) of your choice and can jump into your teams projects to help out.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bonus plan
- Stock options
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Unlimited paid-time-off
- Commuter options
- Stocked kitchen
- Awarded 14th best place to work in the state of Washington and the geekiest office space in Seattle
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
- And much more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.