Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
YOU: Are a video production artist. You obsess with how a story is visually told. You're a master at putting together a cohesive narrative because you know how to capture the right shots, make the right cuts, and add the right effects to evoke emotion. You're comfortable from the first brainstorming meeting, to pre-production, to post-production and final delivery, and you keep your cool while meeting ambitious deadlines. Above all, you're a creative powerhouse who makes every idea you touch better than where it started.
WE: Are a billion-dollar company with some bold goals that will free cops from administrative burden and get them back in their communities where they want to be, and where it matters. To get there, we need to be able to tell our story in a visually impactful way. The sooner we can connect the right dots and shine a clarifying light on our solutions, the sooner they can make decisions and get on to the business of protecting lives with our technologies. It's important, impactful stuff, and perfect for someone looking to combine right-brain talent with do-right purpose. Is that you?
Your Day to Day
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Produce A TON of pixels, including ads, webcasts, interviews, motion graphics and product imagery for internal and external audiences
- Work closely with internal clients and external vendors in order to produce work on-time and on-budget
- Maintain a consistent brand look and feel throughout all video content
- Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
- Support marketing events by live-streaming company meetings, webinars, or other public announcements
- Experience in live streaming/webcasting
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done - independently, or collaboratively
- A good understanding of color, texture, and light
- Bonus skill area like writing, illustration, or graphic design
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, a minimum of three years of professional experience in television, film, or new media is required
- Creativity, passion for video creation, and a desire to continue to improve
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and with a great sense of humor
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Especially Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, customer-focused and able to work on a team
- Experience with RED and Canon cameras
- Portfolio of recent work
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Why join us?
Every company has a mission, but few are this compelling. Join the Axon team and transform public safety worldwide. Our mission? Protect life.
How do we do it?
Make the bullet obsolete: We're working on technology to make the bullet obsolete. Swords are cool, but they're no longer relevant. In a few years, we expect firearms to be in the same category as the technology behind TASER smart weapons continues to advance.
Eliminate the distraction of paperwork: We just acquired two AI companies dedicated to automating reporting by extracting key info from our body and fleet cameras in real time. What does this mean? Officers who spend up to 65% of their time today doing paperwork can instead spend that time serving their communities - and be nearby when we need them most.
Share the truth faster: Controversial uses of force can result in civil unrest and riots that lead to more violence - especially if the truth is unclear. Our new Signal Sidearm combined with our cameras and digital evidence management allow police agencies to view multiple angles on the same event in sync, then redact personal identities and share them rapidly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.