Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Axon's recruiting mission is to recruit and attract the brightest talent from a variety of backgrounds. We want to hire individuals who are willing to take on hard problems, think creatively, and provide new value to the company. Axon wants to develop a strong pipeline of new leadership and technical talent to help us lead the public safety space. And there's where you, the rock star intern come in.
Your Mission: To come in and make a lasting impact within our company in the matter of months. To push us to think differently than we have before, and to equip you with key and skills through ambiguous challenging assignments. The Axon internship is built around interesting projects, employee development, and a fantastic time.
We didn’t make Axon into the company it is today through accepting the status quo. By listening to our customers in the field, our product managers & engineers are able to better identify the real problem our users face. From there, our hardware team is able to design creative solutions to deliver products that empower public safety individuals to do their jobs better. We expect to fail early & often in the pursuit of solutions to tough issues.
However, we understand that only by solving complex problems will we be able to move the needle, and ultimately become better engineers and problem solvers. We’re a group of mentally agile, creative individuals who like to grapple with dynamic problems and solve them in a collaborative way. Join us. There’s no limit on what you can do to make this world a safer place.
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Student organization/team leadership experience
- Internship Experience
- Teaming up with the mechanical team to assemble and test Axon's prototypes for our next generation products
- Leading the assembly of prototypes for future products in both the CEW and wearable video space
- Crafting and building test fixtures to verify that prototypes are functioning as expected relative to the current phase of development
- Assisting with research into new materials and methods of assembly
- Assisting with 3D & other rapid prototyping methods and relevant preventative maintenance of those tools.
- Modeling conceptual designs of future products using CAD software tools such as SolidWorks
- Reviewing CAD designs for any imperfections and mistakes before any developing process
- Building and revising drawings for new products in development following GD&T standard methodologies
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Provided with furnished apartments (out of state intern's only)
- Provided with transportation stipend (out of state intern's only)
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.