Mechanical Engineering Manager - CEW
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Manager to help drive our TASER Conducted Electrical Weapon engineering organization forward. We are looking for an experienced leader with strong knowledge in a number of mechanical engineering disciplines to guide Mechanical Engineers to finding solutions and becoming experts in things that are done nowhere else in the world. The technology you help create will go directly to our law enforcement and public safety professional customers around the world to help them fulfill our shared mission.
Ideally, you would be comfortable in some of these areas: ballistics, explosives, plastic injection molding, metal casting, sheet metal fabrication techniques, adhesives and epoxies, ultrasonic welding, and mechanical simulation.
Your day to day
· Lead a team of mechanical engineers to meet or exceed product goals
· Share your expertise to help engineers get to the best solutions
· Focus the team and individual members on understanding critical tradeoffs
· Identify areas for improvement in development design processes and testing
· Provide updates to the broader organization on the status of key initiatives
· Build relationships across the organization to improve cooperation
· Verify that the team’s solutions are robust and will withstand the test of time
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in an advanced technology environment
- Strong communication skills as well as a proven ability to work within team structure as an active participant and drive results through direct and indirect influence and collaboration
- Great attention to detail, rigor, and thoroughness
- Proficient with SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD software
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
· Unlimited paid time off
· A supportive parental leave policy
· An award-winning office/working environment
· Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
· And more...
Come join the team to build products that will change policing. To learn more about the products and services we offer please visit us at: www.evidence.com and www.axon.com
Axon® is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top