Mechanical Engineer - Continuous Engineering
- Develop innovative mechanical design solutions for the full range of Axon products and accessories
- Use state-of-the-art CAD and analysis tools (SolidWorks) to create and modify existing mechanical designs.
- Select the proper materials (plastic, metal, etc) based on strength, density, thermal properties, and other important parameters.
- Collaborate with the quality engineering team to find root cause on field failures.
- Analyze device performance metrics and telemetry to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create tests to determine whether alternative components and suppliers can achieve the design specs, such as weight and drop testing.
- Collaborate with the industrial design team to achieve human and aesthetic factor requirements.
- Review documents and Bill of Materials to ensure team is following document control standards.
- Review and provide documentation guidelines to the drafting team.
- Ensures successful management and development of mechanical tooling and production part qualification (i.e. first-article inspections, manufacturing process capabilities (Cp/Cpk), measurement gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R), material certifications, etc.)
- Assess mechanical suppliers/external partners and advises enablement plans where needed.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with injection molded parts design & tooling.
- Experience in the development of enterprise-grade electronics products, preferably in handheld, mobile, and wireless devices.
- Advanced knowledge of solid mechanics and working knowledge of fluid dynamics.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in mechanical and/or product design development.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Solidworks solid modeling, assembly and drawing creation.
- Working knowledge of FEA tools.
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis.
- Experience with Asia ODM partners and manufacturing suppliers.
- Be able to travel to Asia and speaking Mandarin and/or Cantonese are a 'plus'
- Experience with designing for ingress protection. (IP testing)
- Experience with thermal management for electromechanical assemblies.
- Ability to achieve results in ambiguous conditions.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Senior Director, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting all of Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top