- Develop innovative mechanical design solutions for wearable video and sensor products.
- Conduct feasibility studies and coordinate validation testing on whether new designs meet the product requirements.
- Use state-of-the-art CAD and analysis tools to create mechanical designs and simulate stress/strain conditions.
- Work closely with internal partners to generate all documentation and test plans necessary to ensure products meet specifications.
- Select the proper material (plastic, metal, etc) based on strength, density, thermal properties, and other important parameters.
- Ensures successful management and development of mechanical tooling and production part qualification (e.g., first-article inspections, manufacturing process capabilities (Cp/Cpk), measurement gage repeatability and reproducibility)
- Collaborate with the industrial design and human factors team to achieve aesthetic & comfort requirements.
- Audit mechanical suppliers/external partners and advise enablement plans where needed
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. (M.S. degree preferred)
- Experience in the development of enterprise-grade electronics products, preferably in handheld, mobile, and ideally wireless devices
- 5+ years of relevant experience in mechanical and/or product design development
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Solidworks solid modeling and assembly creation
- Ability to design parts for injection molding tooling and minimize tooling issues.
- Working knowledge of using FEA tools such as Simulation (Cosmos) or Ansys
- Lead the mechanical development activities with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and performing statistical tolerance analysis
- Experience with Asia ODM partners and manufacturing suppliers.
- Comfortable with thermal management (heat sinks, etc)
- Experience with optics & lenses
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top