Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Your Day to Day
- Design, develop and implement product lines and flows to ensure consistent quality and lean manufacturing.
- Serve as a liaison between many departments within Axon including product management, product development and project management, as one team.
- Implement Lean manufacturing methodologies including single piece flow and standardized work.
- Provide leadership in the design and build of in-process test equipment for both Axon and Axon’s suppliers.
- Research, analyze and recommend advanced technology and automation to innovate and improve manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Lead the designing, procurement and application of approved projects within the team.
- Provide estimates of manufacturing costs for new products, as related to manufacturing.
- Represent the department at management meetings with recommendations to resolve technical problems.
- Conduct investigative studies to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
- Plan departmental systems with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Develop company programs designed to improve personnel skill sets.
- Appraise employee performance and recommend/implemented changes as required.
- Lead the engineering support of the manufacturing cells to maintain maximum uptime and high product quality.
- Provide leadership in the review of new product designs to achieve the most economical and efficient manufacture of Axon products.
- 10 years experience in technical and engineering management positions.
- BS Degree in an Engineering field, preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication and organizational skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
Meet Some of Axon's Employees
Vice President, Software Engineering
From building a top-talent team to creating cutting-edge technologies, Bryan and his co-workers are responsible for supporting Axon’s engineering efforts and experiences.
Back to top