Manager of Revenue
- Scottsdale, AZ
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
By joining Axon’s Revenue Accounting Team, you will be part of a highly collaborative team which partners with Sales and Operations to ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue numbers are complete and accurate. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills. As a manager you will be responsible for the effective execution of the steps required to recognize revenue in accordance with ASC 606, for the leadership and development of staff whether or not they directly report to you, and for maintaining an energize and positive work environment.
Your Day to Day
- Drive the development and coordination of a best-in-class revenue accounting organization that will support the Company’s long-term growth strategy
- Develop and lead a consolidated monthly close process to support the timely preparation of accurate periodic financial statements
- Own the responsibility for the general execution of the 5 steps of revenue recognition as outlined in ASC 606
- Own the evaluation, analysis and conclusion of the technical accounting treatment for complex transactions and arrangements
- Lead, manage and develop talent in order to elevate the capabilities of the team
- Develop and maintain working relationship with cross functional leaders across the organization
- Own the revenue portion of the audit; extensive interaction with internal & external auditors is expected
- Articulate issues and recommendations in a crisp and concise manner to enable better decision-making
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and/or similar requirements
- Periodically review staff responsibilities and modify job functions to meet developing objectives
- Collaborate with other departments to support broader company initiatives
- Be agile, flexible and open to an ever changing and innovative environment
- Bachelor or higher degree in Financial Accounting; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in the accounting profession (public accounting experience preferred in addition to experience with a well-reputed public company)
- Knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles, SEC regulations, and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act with a focus on ASC 606 and revenue related items
- Minimum of 3 years revenue recognition experience (software and multiple element arrangements)
- Experience at a management level required (experience leading large teams a plus)
- Strong knowledge of an Enterprise system applications (Microsoft Dynamics, RevStream, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce etc.)
- Multi-national experience in finance and operations is a plus
- Previous exposure to a start-up software type environment helpful
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top