Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Passionate about protecting life? Then Axon is the right company for you! Our goal is to hire the best talent from a diverse background. We want interns who are willing to aim fair, take on hard problems, think creatively, challenge the status quo, and provide new value to the company. Your mission is to come in and make a lasting impact within our company in the matter of months. To push us to think differently than we have before, and to equip you with key insights and skills through ambiguous challenging assignments.
People place their trust in Axon to keep their information safe, so we do what it takes to maintain that trust. Axon consists of a group of smart, dedicated ethical technology gurus. We use our hacker kung-fu for the greater good. We're a dedicated security team with experience protecting critical data. We know security, and we have to budget to wield it. Our sole purpose is to keep your evidence data safe—all day, everyday! No matter the hardware or software product we have, we are always involved to help ensure we're keeping information locked up. We don't want to just meet your expectations or industry standards. We will always aim to exceed them. Because that is how we keep trust.
We look for smart dedicated people with attention to detail and the passion to “get things right” the first time. We want to keep the team dynamic, so having a genuine desire to work on a successful team and support each other is very important. If you have a knack for problem solving then join us, because the Company is changing quickly and getting into new lines of business and geographies and we need people who can react and keep up in a fast changing environment. Join us and help Axon take information security to the next level.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and OS X
- Understanding of web application technologies and the resulting log activity
- Experience with basic computer forensic techniques and tools
- Understanding of common attack tools, and intrusion detection technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Detecting and investigating security events, incidents, attacks, or other anomalous activities
- Triaging security related alerts and reports, utilizes other technology teams for investigations, and escalates appropriately
- Improving the efficiency and effectiveness of attack/intrusion detection, and central logging systems
- Providing input on current security attack methods, tools, and detection techniques
- Providing content suggestions and assist in development of security awareness and training program
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Provided with furnished apartments (out of state intern's only)
- Provided with transportation stipend (out of state intern's only)
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.