Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Early in 2017 Axon acquired Misfit Computer Vision and Machine Learning Research Group to start our AI & Machine Learning initiatives. Misfit will provide solutions for our machine learning search capability by increasing the accuracy, competence and pace of processing images and videos. This effort allows customers to get additional insight from video, photos and audio. Additionally, it will improve training, operations and community engagement. Axon AI will give agencies the capability to segregate and scrutinize the most significant seconds of footage from the loads of data.
The team in Ho Chi Minh City has already made significant improvements for our solution and with Axon. We are now investing to further grow our investment in Vietnam. Come join us.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure. Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Do you enjoy coding challenging distributed systems? Are you not afraid of recompiling the Linux kernel if it helps you solve a problem? Can you bring technical insight to help make the right architectural decisions?
You are a Senior Software Engineer with a background in cloud services and distributed systems who enjoys unique challenges, growing junior engineers, and making the world a better place. Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
Interesting Engineering Projects
- Build a data storage cluster using new technologies such as Elasticsearch and vitess.io
- Implement a new notification and message routing pipeline to deliver time-sensitive confidential information to our customers.
- Design a stream processing pipeline with Apache Kafka and Spark to process hundreds of millions of events per day and automate key insights.
- Constructing a high performance distributed data verification engine
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- Practical skills delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Proven ability to mentor junior engineers and good code review practices
- Strong communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Back-end service experience in Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar. Our platform stack is a combination of Go and Scala
- Understanding of cloud technologies in use today, such as: Apache Kafka, MySQL Clusters, Kubernetes, Spark Framework, etc...
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
Axon is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.