Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. In the next 10 years, we’ll triple the amount of time officers can spend serving their communities. In the next 20, we’ll eliminate paperwork in policing so that officers can focus on what matters. And in the next 50 years, we’ll make the bullet obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
At Axon, we build the next generation of law enforcement and public safety technologies to empower our customers to serve and protect their communities.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure.
Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
Are you a natural leader who enjoys designing and implementing high quality cloud services which provide compelling features for your end-user?
Do you have a passion for building cloud services, and designing scalable, secure systems?
Do you enjoy designing and building features that delight customers?
As a software engineer on our evidence management system, you will be joining a high-energy squad that has a broad charter. You will design and build both backend services and frontend features to optimize how evidence is managed, and to expand our network of customers beyond law enforcement to prosecutors, courts, and other key legal partners.
Your responsibilities will include driving engineering architecture and direction, participating in design and code reviews, and roadmap planning.
Our teams work in a highly agile environment - with efficient processes and technology. Our squad model gives engineering teams full autonomy to solve business problems. We often deliver software improvements worldwide every day.
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud software
- Customer focus: Axon's customers expect and deserve the best
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies.
- Middle-tier or back-end service experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Ruby, Python, or similar.
- Experience building REST APIs using frameworks such as Swagger
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Discretionary PTO
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.