Frontend Software Engineer - Core Platform
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our team is solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. Every day we manage petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of police officers around the world, and help the public with creative solutions from the courtroom to public disclosure. Come work in an exciting environment in which you use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
As a Junior Software Engineer on the Frontend Core team, you'll have an opportunity to work in a close-knit team of frontend engineers who you can learn from and collaborate with. Your contributions will benefit our customers and our other engineers. Your day-to-day responsibilities will include refactoring existing code, building reusable components, and working with other engineers to improve core aspects of our frontend framework.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who is just starting out in their career and wants to work in a team where they'll learn and work with all aspects of frontend engineering, including building components, writing tests, working on the build configuration, and building the fundamental tools to keep a large engineering team running. You should be the type of person who loves learning about new technologies, and stays up to date with the latest developments. As part of your role, you'll also have the opportunity to contribute to open-source projects.
Core Technologies Used
• React + Redux
• Jest + Enzyme
• Interfacing with Scala and GO backend services
- 0-2 years of experience in frontend / full-stack software engineering
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to write clean and concise code
- Knowledge of CS fundamentals
- Basic understanding of frontend technologies
- Ability to work within an existing codebase
- Desire to continue learning and improving
Compensation and Benefits
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top