Firmware Validation Engineer
- Scottsdale, AZ
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As a key member of our Validation team, your work will be essential in helping us ensure every product and system is evaluated, tested and validated to ensure it meets our internal and customer expectations. We will look to you to help us develop VTPs (Validation Test Procedures) that drive the testing of our products. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Research & Development, as well as other teams as you set the plan and ensure execution of all testing. Your technical expertise will be key in evaluating our products, identifying issues as you work with multi-functional teams to ensure all issues are resolved. You will be working with R&D Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Supply Chain, which will offer you the opportunity to use your effective communication skills across different levels in our dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment.
Your Day to Day
- Develop and Execute Firmware Validation Test Plans
- Modify and create Validation Test Procedures with an emphasis on repeatability and accuracy of testing
- Leverage testing background to improve tests and processes
- Drive execution of Validation testing
- Document and report all test status and results
- Work together with Validation technicians and engineers
- Support documentation, replication and failure analysis of issues
- Ensure the validation lab and equipment is maintained and organized
- Understand and update customer usage models
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or associated discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with software development, validation or QA testing
- ASQ Certification in Six Sigma or Quality Engineering is preferred
- Experience with identifying, reproducing, documenting and reporting bugs or issues
- Familiar with Bug and Test Tracking Suites – Jira, Zephyr, TM4J
- Experience with software development and testing process
- Experience with Product Lifecycle, PLM
- Experience presenting test plan and requirements to stakeholders
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office products
- Ability to influence multi-functional organizations
- Knowledge of SDLC
Compensation and Benefits:
· Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
· Unlimited paid time off
· A supportive parental leave policy
· An award-winning office/working environment
· Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
· And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top