Come Join Us
Come work in an exciting environment in which you’ll use your passion, experience, and strong analytical skills to help bring new technologies to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world. We cultivate an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. Our mission is to protect life, making the world a safer place through smart devices and software services. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for others who share this passion.
Axon's mission is to recruit and attract the brightest talent from diverse backgrounds. We want to hire individuals who are willing to take on hard problems, think creatively, and provide new value to the company. We didn’t make Axon into the company it is today through accepting the status quo. By listening to our customers in the field, our product managers & engineers are able to better identify the real problems our users face. However, we understand that only by solving complex problems will we be able to move the needle, and ultimately become better engineers and problem-solvers.
Our Seattle-based software team is made up of a plethora of talent. We’re a nimble team that believes the best ideas should win, but we’re backed by a company with the resources and channels to make them come to life. Whether you're a Front-End Engineer, iOS Engineer, Android Engineer, Full-Stack Engineer, Firmware Engineer, Network Engineer, or DevOps Engineer, you will have the opportunity to cross-train in a variety of languages and products. Whatever your goals are, you'll have the freedom to work on projects you're passionate about, and the support of people who will challenge you in new ways.
We care about the work, not our titles! We recognize the hard work and responsibility of all Axon employees, and try to give back by focusing on employee happiness and generous benefits. It’s not unheard of for us to make the occasional after-hours pub stop together, but we keep our focus on the pursuit of the next big idea that will make the world a safer place! We're changing the world one line of code at a time. The Axon internship is built around interesting projects, employee development, and a fantastic time.
- Enrolled in an accredited university; completing a BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in embedded C with additional ability in Python
- Experience in Real Time Operating Systems and embedded Linux. Some exposure to Qualcomm SoC and bare metal development preferred
- Familiar in the following areas of firmware development: video, audio, power management, peripherals management, encryption, wireless communication (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Understanding of: kernel development, Android porting, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture
- Responsibility for unit and system testing
- Basic ability to read schematics and understand electronic circuitry
- GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0 (Strong academic performance)
- Firmware design and development for our next generation Axon camera platform and automatic activation platforms
- Teaming up with our electrical engineering team and external vendors to define and build camera driver firmware, middleware, and application modules.
- Working with distributed firmware teams and SaaS engineering teams to guide software development
- Collaborating with the hardware team and vendors to optimize power consumption and image & audio quality
- Communicating with quality and validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Provided with furnished apartments (out of state intern's only)
- Provided with transportation stipend (out of state intern's only)
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.